3/4 cup margarine or butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. almond extract
2 1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
Plain or Easter decorated muffin cups
Easter candies or other small candy
Light green food coloring
1/3 cup water
6 cups icing sugar
3/4 cups margarine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. almond flavouring
1/4 tsp. clear vanilla flavouring
1/8 tsp. butter flavouring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place baking cups in muffin pan.
2. Place all ingredients in bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed
until thoroughly combined, scraping bowl frequently. Increase speed to medium
and beat for four minutes. Pour into muffin cups.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes,
then remove cupcakes from pan and continue cooling on rack.
4. For frosting, mix 4 cups of sugar with water, one cup at a time, beating
after each addition at low speed. Alternately add margarine and remainder
of icing sugar. Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth.
5. Add 3-4 drops of green food coloring to frosting. If color is too light use
a little more.
6. Frost each cupcake with the icing. Place about 10-12 candies on each of
the cupcakes. Stick a pick into the center of the cupcake. Add any additional
decorations you like.