Chocolate Bunny Bread
3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 packages (1/2 ounce or 4 1/2 tsp.) Fleischmann's Rapid Rise yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, cut up
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk chocolate or peanut butter morsels
1. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, cocoa powder, undissolved yeast
2. Heat milk, butter and water until very warm (120 to 130 F). Gradually
add to dry ingredients.
3. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
4. Add egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping
5. With spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
6. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to
6 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
7. Divide dough in half. For body, knead chocolate morsels into one half;
form into ball.
8. Place on bottom end of greased large baking sheet; flatten to make 5-inch
9. For head, remove 1/3 of remaining half; form into ball.
10. Place on pan above body; flatten slightly, pinching to attach.
11. For nose, pinch off 1/2-inch ball from remaining dough; place on center
12. Divide remaining dough into 4 equal pieces; roll each to form 6-inch
13. For arms, arrange 2 ropes across body; attach by tucking one end of each
14. Shape remaining ropes into ears; arrange above head. Attach by tucking
one end of each under head.
15. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about
30 to 45 minutes.
16. Bake at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done, covering with aluminum
foil after 20 minutes to prevent excess browning. Remove from pan; cool on
wire rack. Decorate as desired.