1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick butter or margarine
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) vanilla pudding (not instant)
1 (9 oz.) jar maraschino cherries
1 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
1 to 2 lb. icing sugar
1 lb. chocolate, melted
1. Cut cherries in half; drain well on paper towels.
2. Cook milk, butter and pudding in a medium saucepan on low heat until well blended and thick.
3. Remove from stove and add cherries, nuts and enough sugar to make a thick consistency.
4. Form the mixture into 8 to 10 egg shapes with hands coated in butter.
5. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Chill several hours until firm.
6. Melt chocolate being careful not to scorch it.
7. Frost egg with melted chocolate.
8. Decorate with a buttercream icing.