|FONDANT EASTER EGGS
This is a favourite recipe of mine that I have used over the years both at Eastertime to make eggs and at Christmastime
to make chocolates. If you are concerned about using paraffin wax, check
911.com for information on choosing the right kind and on
2/3 c. Eagle Brand milk
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
5 1/2 c. icing sugar
1 recipe dipping chocolate
1 recipe royal frosting
1. Cream together butter, salt and vanilla.
2. Add milk and blend until smooth.
3. Stir in icing sugar (stiff mixture).
4. Knead until icing sugar is combined.
5. Continue kneading fondant for several minutes until mixture is very
smooth but not sticky.
6. Cut off 1/3 and add a few drops of yellow food coloring (for yolks)
and knead until blended.
7. Cut into 10 portions and roll into balls for center of egg.
8. Cut remaining fondant into 10 portions and pat flat - mold around
egg yolk and shape like an egg.
9. Chill for a short time and remodel if necessary.
10. Chill again for several hours or overnight.
11. Dip in chocolate.
1/2 lb. semi-sweet chocolate
1/3 to 1/2 slab of paraffin wax.
1. Melt chocolate and wax in the top of a double boiler. This is important
as you don't want to
overheat the wax.
2. Stir until blended and remove from heat.
3. Dip bottom half of egg in chocolate and let it stand for a moment
then turn it over on waxed ; paper for chocolate to harden. If the chocolate
becomes thick, reheat it gently and continue dipping.
4. After the eggs are dipped on one side, dip the other side.
2 egg whites at room temperature
2 1/4 c. icing sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients and beat for five minutes until very stiff.
2. Make a zig-zag border around the middle of the egg and tint small
portions for flowers, stems, leaves, etc. Flowers may be made on wax paper
- peel off when dry and attach with icing sugar. You may add cherries, nuts,
peppermint or almond flavouring, coffee, etc. to your fondant. Enjoy!
Bugs and Dirt |
Cherry Nut Easter Eggs |
Chocolate Bavarian |
Chocolate Bunny Bread |
Chocolate Caramel Bars |
Chocolate Marshmallow Roll |
Chocolate Raspberry Layer Bars |
Chocolate Sandwiches |
Chocolate Sauce |
Creamy Holiday Fudge |
Drizzled Chocolate Mint Bars |
Easter Nests |
Fondant Easter Eggs |
Hello Dollies |
Magic Chocolate Toffee Bars |
No Bake Chocolate Squares |
Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars |
Skor Bars |
Tweed Squares |
Yule Log |
Easter Site |
Cooking Connection |