3 c. white sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 lb. Spanish peanuts
1 tbsp. water (1 st.)
1 1/4 c. water (2 nd.)
3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Butter two large cookie sheets.
2. Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a large saucepan.
3. Bring to medium heat, stirring.
4. Boil without stirring to 270 degrees. Remove and add butter and peanuts.
5. Continue boiling until 300 degrees. Remove from heat.
6. Mix soda with 1 tbsp. of water and add to hot candy along with vanilla.
7. When bubbles subside, pour quickly onto cookie sheets. Cool and break apart.
8. Store between waxed paper sheets.