DUTCH APPLE PUDDING
1/2 dozen apples
3 tbsp. white sugar
2 oz. margarine or butter
Milk for sauce
2 oz. flour
1. Peel and core apples.
2. Fill centers with jam (any kind), dates or raisins.
3. Put apples in deep pie dish.
4. Make the sauce by melting butter in a saucepan and adding flour. Add milk to thicken (much thicker than a white sauce).
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Beat egg yolks with sugar and add to the thick sauce.
7. Beat egg whites stiffly and fold into the sauce.
8. Pour over apples and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until nicely cooked.
9. Serve with cream.