APPLESAUCE SPICE CAKE
1/2 c. margarine or soft butter
1 3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. raisins
6 oz. package of chocolate chips
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. mace
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 c. white sugar
1 c. applesauce (may use canned)
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
2. Mix butter or margarine and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat well.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with applesauce.
4. Stir in raisins, nuts and one half of the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter in a 9x5x3" loaf pan lined with waxed paper.
6. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
7. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees or until done.
8. Cool for 10 minutes and wrap in foil. Leave overnight before cutting.