CINNAMON APPLE CAKE
2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. milk
3 large apples (pared, cored and cut into thick slices)
1 tsp. mace
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 tbsp. butter or margarine (melted)
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Stir in white sugar.
3. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
4. Beat eggs slightly with milk in two cup measure.
5. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
6. Pour into greased 13x9 pan.
7. Arrange apple slices overlapping slightly, in rows to cover top.
8. Combine brown sugar, mace, rind and melted butter in a small bowl and sprinkle over apples.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cut into squares and serve warm, plain, with ice cream or with whipped cream.