1. White cotton, 8" x 9".
2. Black suede cloth, 5" square.
3. Grayish stretch fabric or old sock.
4. Felt: brown, 4" x 5"; olive green, 5" x 6"; bright green, 2 1/2" x 5 1/2".
5. Scrap of brown yarn.
6. Red middy braid, 1/2 yard.
7. Orange, green and yellow additional embroidery floss.
8. Small white feather.
9. Leather-like black plastic 1/2" wide x 6" long.
10. Piece of heavy aluminum foil 3/4" x 1 1/4".
1. Embroider nose with light brown floss.
2. Embroider eyes with bright blue floss.
3. For hair, cut about 40 strands of yellow yarn, each about 5" long. Fold each in half and tack at midpoint
across back of head to cover. Make a second layer of hair to thicken.
4. Cut about 50 strands of yellow yarn about 6" long and place across top of head in two layers.
Stitch to secure and to make a fairly low part.
5. Glue strands onto head at sides and trim strands in front.
1. Cut two shirts of white cotton.
2. Cut one shirt back, cutting straight across top on dotted line (omitting collar) and one shirt front (with collar); slash down center back along half-pattern line.
3. Place back and fronts together; right sides facing.
4. Sew sleeve, underarm and side seams and turn to the right side.
5. Roll back neck edge under and hem.
6. Roll collar edges under; hem.
7. Place shirt on doll and lap back left over right edge. Turn raw edge in and stitch down center back.
8. Tie piece of braid around neck, under collar and glue.
9. Tack shirt collar down.
1. Cut two pants of black suede cloth. Place together with right sides facing and sew together from X to X.
2. Fold along half-pattern line and sew crotch and leg seams.
3. Turn down top edge 1/4" and sew. Turn to right side.
4. Put pants on doll; gather at waist and sew.
5. Hem bottom edges.
6. Cut two 1 1/4" pieces of red braid; knot each in center and tack to each side of pants.
1. Cut suspenders of bright green felt.
2. Embroider band with two strands of floss in needle as follows: work orange chain stitch along top edge, then a row of yellow outline stitch, then a row of red outline stitch. Make swirls in outline stitch with yellow floss. Fill in each center
in French knot with red floss.
3. Make tiny leaves in lazy daisy stitch. Finish with row of outline stitch and row of orange chain stitch.
4. Place on front of doll, bring straps over shoulder; crisscross in back and glue to shirt.
1. Wrap strip of plastic around waist; sew ends together at back.
2. Wrap piece of foil around center of belt to look like a buckle.
1. 1. Cut two stockings of grayish stretch fabric.
2. Fold each in half with right sides facing; sew bottom and side edges together. Turn to right side.
3. Put on leg, Fold top over for cuff and tack.
1. Make shoes of brown felt. Cut two sides and two soles.
2. Fold each shoe side in half; whip ends together. Whip a sole to each side piece and turn to right side.
3. Slash into top of each side of center as indicated by line on pattern, to make tongue.
3. Make three holes in each shoe side at center front.
4. Lace brown yarn through three holes and tie in a bow.
5. Slip shoe on each foot and tack around top edge.
1. Cut two hats of olive green felt.
2. Sew together along sides and top from A to X and b to X. Turn to the other side.
3. Glue red braid around hat(see picture) with feather secured.
4. Turn up at dash line and glue to head.
You can use your imagination to create dolls from other countries. In addition to
the dolls here, I made an Inuit doll
and an African doll.